Monday, November 8, 2010

8 November 2010

Wow. It seems like everyone is doing well. Thanks for praying that we could find new investigators. We really saw miracles in our area. We wanted two per day, but we set another goal to get 20 “news” in the week. The PMG (Preach My Gospel) definition of a “new” is to teach a lesson and have a return appointment. We got our 20 new on Sunday at 7 PM, just in time. We also saw a great miracle in two new investigators, an unmarried couple, Domingo and Mariana. We found them on Friday, visited them Saturday and invited them to be baptized. On Sunday we stopped by their house and they went to church. It was a huge miracle. If we can find one family like this, why can’t we find ten families like this in a week? I learn that we set our own limits and our attitude has a lot to do with everything.

I saw another miracle in my old area. They had two baptisms this week, a couple got married and baptized. And my old area has four more this week. I really can’t believe the blessings this branch is receiving. I don’t know how or why it’s happening. Weird, eh?

This is my companion’s last full week as a full-time missionary. He’s a great example to me because looking from the outside in you’d never guess that he was almost done. He is working until the end, and he’s teaching me a lot.

We’re going to the temple on Wednesday. I’m super excited about that.

I think that’s it for now. Oh yeah, we’re going to have a baptism this week. Jennifer is getting baptized. I’ll tell you how that goes next week.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: