Monday, January 17, 2011

17 January 2011

This was a good week. We had a baptism last Saturday, and we have another one this week. It was a simple miracle. We were doing our weekly planning on Friday. We were talking about our baptism for the next day and thinking who could be baptized the next Saturday. The revelation came that Agustin, the son of Alicia, who already got baptized, would be ready. It was interesting to watch the Lord provide a baptism. It was so easy, but it came because we’re doing all we know how to be the best missionaries. [picture of Alicia's baptism]Last week we also had interviews with President da Silva. They were really special. President da Silva is a very spiritual man. He based our interviews off of a couple of questions. He told us to imagine that the interview was between him and our mothers. He asked us, “How would your mom describe you as a missionary? What type of missionary does your mom think you are?” The other thing he asked us was what question would your mom have for President da Silva? It was an interesting experience. My first two ideas for the second question were interesting because as I analyzed them, I realized that they were questions I had and I don’t think Mom would have asked them. It was really cool.

And I talked to this brother who served in Resistencia two years ago and he’s told me some interesting stuff Brad. I’m excited to see if it went similar for you. I thought before that our missions would have been very similar, but I’m pretty sure Resistencia was a lot tougher. This guy, Brother Blanco was a branch president, too. In our mission there are two branch presidents and they are couple missionaries.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I haven’t read the letters yet, but I’ll tell you how my birthday went next week.

Thanks for everything. Love you lots.

Elder Whitaker

No comments: