Monday, February 27, 2012

Fruit Salad


Here's what you've all been waiting for: a recipe post!

So this is Devyn's fruit salad that I made for dinner on Sunday. It's super easy, economical, delicious, healthy, smooth, irresistible and Steven liked it! What more could you ask for in a dish?

Some people prefer that the ingredients and mixing directions be in the same paragraph that way you don't have to look back and forth from the order of the ingredients back to the amounts and back to the order several times before you get it right. And by some people, I mean me.

Get a large metal bowl, the ones that make a twang sound when you flick them or hit a spoon on the side. Place a quart of Great Value Strawberry yogurt into the bowl. Use a spoon to make sure all of it makes it out. Have your helper eat the remaining yogurt and throw away tub into nearest trash receptacle (or you can wash it and use it as a food saver or you can throw away all the trash at the end in the last super step, your call). Open box of Great Value instant vanilla pudding. Ignore factory directions and place entire contents in bowl and mix with yogurt. I used a plastic spoon, a whisk would work wonderfully. Then comes the tricky part. Take an entire regular tub of Cool Whip and plop it into the bowl and FOLD it into the mixture. Don't simply mix it in. Then take 2 bags of frozen berries and mix them into the goodness. If you have a normal size mouth I recommend chopping the larger berries into smaller pieces. Use a knife. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until ready to eat. I recommend letting the fruit thaw a little bit before eating. Eat for breakfast, lunch, snack, side dish, appetizer, or dessert. Serves 10ish.

3 comments:

Dave said...

please pass the fruit salad

Becky said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I want to take this to our dinner on Sunday, but wasn't able to find a recipe using Google that matched your description. Of course, since you didn't give a size for the package of berries you used, I'm going to have experiment just a bit. I'm pretty confident, however, that if I just check the freezer at Walmart I'll be able to figure it out. Thanks again.

(Did you know that they used to make pudding in two different sized packages? 4 or 8 servings. I'm assuming you used a 4-serving size box.)

Meg said...

I will add my testimonial that this truly is celestial fruit salad. Divine. Utopian. Inspired. It's all that.