Monday, June 21, 2010

21 June 2010

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like Nauvoo was fun. And I’m glad Brad’s all fixed up from surgery. And Steven, good work on your shoe. Just last week I had some work done on a pair of shoes I have and they’re as good as new now.

So, I found an interesting scripture this week. I’m studying the New Testament and in the light of the restored gospel it all makes sense. It’s interesting that every Christian church on earth has the Bible and using the same book they get such different doctrine. For example, the Bible teaches us that we need to pray to saints but it also teaches us the God the Father is actually Jehovah. Hmmmmm. But thanks to the restoration we have all the truth.

In Philippians 4:11 I learned that we can learn to be content. It was something that has helped me. Paul was a stud of a prophet.

So, last week in sacrament meeting a drop of water landed on my suit pants during the sacrament, and it helped me remember that when I was a kid just about every week I would drip a drop of water on Dad’s pants and he would always point it out. Why is that an interesting thought? Because as early as I can remember I spent my Sundays at church. Thanks.

So Uruguay plays against Mexico in the World Cup tomorrow. It’s going to be interesting because my companion is Mexican. I hope it doesn’t affect our daily lunch with the members. That leads me to a question for my brothers. Where did you mission companions come from? I’ve served with an Argentine, Honduran, Chilean, Paraguayan, Mexican, and Provoan.

We’re really excited for this week because we’re going to have a baptism. We finally found someone that was spiritually hungry and thirsty. A mom and daughter, Norma and Victoria, are planning to be baptized this Saturday.

Dad, I hope you had a good Father’s Day and liked your present. And I think that’s it for this week. Love you all and thanks for the emails and prayers.

Love, Elder Whitaker

Oh and Steven, my companions say we look exactly the same. You're a lucky man. Have fun being 17.

No comments: