Monday, July 19, 2010

19 July 2010

So I got to Floridá. It’s a town bigger than Rocha. It rained Sunday and we had about 38 in attendance. The branch president reminds me of Bishop Tolman. My companion is named Elder Matamoros from Honduras, my third comp from Honduras. I live in a house with 4 elders again. It’s a really nice house according to mission standards. Our shower has pressure, we have a fireplace, and a Uruguayan BBQ thing called a parilla. I look forward to using that. We are neighbors to the church. And it’s really winter now. It’s cold. I never go anywhere without my gloves, hat and scarf. Can you believe that I’m using a scarf? Scarves are awesome.

With my new companion, we started running in the mornings. I hate running, but it helps us. I feel good and I’m already skinnier.

So, I’m still studying the New Testament and the conference Liahona. I’m in Revelations and I’m using the New Testament student manual. Good stuff. But I found something really interesting in Elder Christofferson’s talk. In the footnotes it quotes Wikipedia. You can throw that in the face of teachers that still don’t think it’s a good source. Apostles are wikipediing.

What else happened this week? Yeah, it’s been cold, but I’m doing well and keeping warm and healthy. Oh yeah, one of the elders with WHOM I live (is that grammar right, Stevo?) is Elder Wally. He would have been my comp in the MTC if I had opted for the 2 month stay. So, I’ll get to know him a big more now. He’s a great kid.

I love you all. Thanks for the prayers and support.

Elder Whitaker

No comments: