Monday, July 26, 2010

26 July 2010

Thanks for the emails everybody.

It sounds like a lot is going on in the Valrico Ward missionary work. That makes me happy. I was pondering D&C 82:10 recently. The Lord blesses us when we work, but the blessing is always hinging on the commandment you’re not keeping. Once you change, you feel the spirit more but there are more blessings to be gotten because there’s another thing you need to repent of. Just a thought I was pondering

Mom, you mentioned something about Maria. The other day I got letters from a Mutual activity. I sent a letter home responding to the letters I got. I think maria wrote something to me so I wrote her back.

What else happened this week? I spoke in sacrament meeting. I spoke about missionary work. I shared my conversion and the story of George Connor (a friend from high school I baptized) and the story of Norma Correa from Rocha. It was good.

I’ve also been studying the conference Ensign still. I just finished the priesthood session this morning. President Monson’s talk in the priesthood session was really interesting and made me reflect on the way I live as a missionary and the things I don’t be able to go back to doing when I get home. I’m realizing how many things I used to do that would offend the spirit. Sometimes the spirit is so offended from the last thing we did we can’t realize what we’re doing is also offending the spirit.

What else? I’m doing great. It’s not as cold as it was last week, but it did rain Sunday night. We had a lady with a baptismal date, but she didn’t go to church. Her kids want to be baptized too.

Yeah, sorry I don’t have much to say. I didn’t plan this email that well. Keep up the good work. Enjoy your vacations. Enjoy getting married, Brad and Cody. I think that’s going down this week.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: