Thursday, November 3, 2011

ACL Tear

So I twisted my knee about a month ago playing a game called wallyball. It's a way fun game. It's volleyball in a raquetball court and you can use the walls. So I decided to just walk it off. After a week I could jog again and after 2 weeks I could jump again.

Then I had an intermural volleyball game and twisted it again. The score was like 25 to 25 and you had to win by 2. I went to save the ball that had flown out of the court and when I went to pivot my leg my knee twisted. We were playing down a player so for the last few plays we played down 2 players.

I decided it would be better not to walk it off this time. I went to the doctor, got an MRI, and today they said I ripped my ACL. Well that's the story. I wish I had pictures, but I don't.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Sad! When's surgery? If you want to crash at our place, we'll take good care of you. It could make recovering from surgery a fun thing! :)

Meg said...

(if that's at all possible)

Dave said...

So, who's next?

Brad? Steven? Weston again? ME?

We$ said...

Well, as long as Dave stays away from Football, I stay away from soccer, Jeff stays away from Wallyball, and Brad and Steven only play those sports, then we'll probably be okay forever!

Jeff, keep your quads and hammies strong - it makes recovery faster. Let me know when your surgery is.

jeffhead said...

I was thinking the same thing as weston. Funny how that is. I'll let you know when I'm going down.