Thursday, October 1, 2009

28 September 2009

I don't think I have much to write about this week. But I'll try to muster up something.

Oh, first things first. I was studying Preach My Gospel with my new companion. We learned about nirvana, and I think I'm close to reaching it, is that right. Nirvana is a state of tranquility to the things of the world and such. I would recommend a dose of nirvana to Steven. And I'm gonna leave this topic before I become too apostate.

My companion's birthday is next week. FYI, my comp is Elder Vargas from Honduras. He's awesome. I love working with him. He has 8 months in the mission and we're working hard to accomplish the goals we have set for ourselves. We are doing all we can and the Lord will do the rest.

I have a story about the Lord doing the rest. This week we've been really focused on doing the mission goal of 20 contacts daily. And we usually give a pamphlet to people when we contact them. Usually the restoration pamphlet. But we were running low on the restoration. Saturday we left the house with one restoration pamphlet, saving it until we found someone that would actually read it. We did 26 contacts without giving it away. At 7:20 our appointment person was busy and we had nothing to do until 8:00 when we would have a correlation with the bishop. At 7:25 we knocked a door and a woman let us in. My companion took out the plan of salvation pamphlet first, but then switched it to the restoration In a few minutes the dad came home and we started teaching them. During the discussion there were 3 interruptions, that tells us something. The dad asked us how we can know which church is really the true one – the best question there is because that's the question we answer. I'm excited to see what happens with this young family of 4.

I hope that story makes sense. Good luck with everything everyone. Oh yeah, Steven, you're okay. Michelle, stay beautiful. Dad I hope your diet is still good. Mom, I love cookies. Wegan, nothing. David, go BYU. Brad, enjoy a swim for me.

Love, Jeff

No comments: