Monday, October 26, 2009

26 October 2009

Today is pday again, but this week the keyboard has all the letters. Yes!

I’m glad the talk from Cleon Skousen was interesting and helped the family have the best FHE ever. That makes me happy. Would you be able to mail me a copy of that talk? I would also like a copy of the talk about the decade of decisions. That would be nice and give me a change in my studies when they arrive. Thanks. Oh, yeah, and could you ask Sister Bernhisel the power phrases we used to use in seminary. I was thinking about them recently, but I don’t remember all of them. I would like to use them with members to let them teach us. It’s really a blessing when someone I’ve been teaching can read a scripture and teach me something. The power phrases will help I think.

Mom asked if they celebrate Halloween in Uruguay. It is a holiday here, but I have no idea to what extent it’s celebrated, or if it’s any different or what. I’ll let you know next week. Wow, I can’t believe that next Sunday will be November. The time is really flying.

Yeah Dave, thanks for the updates. Dave told me BYU would play this week and Dad gave me the results. That was nice. Too bad they lost. Good thing I don’t care. Or, at least, I’m glad this knowledge won’t affect me really at all right now. What a blessing. Oh, and pday is always Monday, David, unless it’s a transfer week, then it’s Wednesday. Transfers are next week. We’ll see if I stay a fourth transfer or leave to somewhere else.

So this week we’ll have 2 baptisms. We’re really excited. Paola and Daniel. Paola is in her 30’s with a 3 year old son. She was a reference from the bishop and wants the best for her son. This is the best for her son. She worries that he doesn’t behave, but I have several stories of when I misbehaved and it helps her. I love Dad’s story of when I smacked my head on the pew in front of me in an attempt to punish Dad for moving me, and the time I said, “Ahhhh” after enjoying my sacrament water. It was unusually delicious that day.

Oh, and Michelle, I’d love to write a family newsletter, but I really don’t know what’s going on in everyone’s life. How can I make fun of things that I haven’t been around for? We’ll see what happens. Maybe I’ll write a paragraph for myself. I should pray about it.

But thanks for everything. I love being a missionary. I love learning about the gospel, about doctrine. I love the Book of Mormon that has all the answers. I love Joseph Smith and I know he was called of God as a prophet. He didn’t give his life for a lie.

Remember to look for missionary experiences every day.

Love you all, Elder Whitaker

No comments: