Monday, November 23, 2009

23 November 2009

So, Elder Bednar visited this week. That was awesome. We did a question/answer session. It was really interesting. One thing he wanted to teach us is that the Holy Ghost is the real teacher. Elder Bednar can’t always be with us, but the Holy Ghost can. That’s the biggest thing I learned.

So for P-day this morning we went to the beach as a zone. There was this famous eagle head slash house. Dad will be crying for joy because I read the explanatory sign in the front of it all. (I’m so mature now.) This eagle head gismo was a famous writer’s house. We also played football on the beach. My district leader played college football last season at a junior college. He’s a big guy. But I two-hand-touched him down.

We’ll have a baptism this week. Leandro is 15. It’s kind of hard to explain his situation. I think he’s a foster child that lives with members because he had a tough life living with his parents. The gospel will bless his life.

So, I’m getting better at the guitar. And I’m going to try to send photos right now. Pray for me.

But thanks for everything. It’s truly a blessing to be serving the Lord full time.

I love you all.

Elder Whitaker
Your prayers worked! He was able to send a few photos. Admittedly they don't look very "missionary-ish" but it was preparation day, and he is wearing his name tag on his t-shirt. We can always imagine him cycling through town in his white shirt and tie.

No comments: