Tuesday, November 3, 2009

3 November 2009

Thanks for all the emails, like always. First off, David, you didn’t fail because this week p-day is Tuesday because of transfers. Brad congratulations on your spider web game, Mom Steven and Michelle and you mentioned it. To answer Mom from last week they do celebrate Halloween here, but it’s wimpy. They don’t really have a huge selection of candy, no decorations, and a costume consists of a mask, but it was fun to see some of the youth and kids of the ward dressed up.

So, I think Mom told me last week that the truck had a flat tire that needs replacing. I had the same problem on the bike I’ve been using for a transfer and a half. Lucky for me 200 pesos fixed the problem and got me a new tire, like 10 dollars.

In my studies this week I learned something interesting. In the Bible Dictionary we learn "angels do not have wings" There’s doctrine for you. I love the scriptures.

This week my companion told me I was talking in my sleep, singing actually. Some patriotic America song. I’m way confused though, because I don’t know the song.

And just to verify something crazy I heard this week, some one told me that Catholic priests can marry now. Is this true, just wondering? I love Rruguay!

And the big news of the week are transfers. I’ll be leaving Sarandi del Yi, my only area. My companion will be training. 2 new missionaries back to back. I’m really nervous because I’m going to an area that’s being split into 2, with Elder Gonzalez from Chile. This will be his 3rd transfer and my 4th. Wow, I’m nervous, senior companion in my second area. I’m excited to see the hand of the Lord work miracles through our efforts.

Oh, and we had some bad news and our 2 baptisms didn’t happen this week. We had a whole transfer without a baptism, but we were obedient and my last night there I felt very content with my efforts there. I feel like I accomplished what I was sent there to do. Well, time’s up and I gotta go. Thanks for everything, and I’ll write again next week, Monday.

Love Elder Whitaker

No comments: