Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26 January 2010

Transfers came and went. My new companion is Elder Stilwell from Provo, and I’ve been called as district leader. I’m excited about that. But here’s a story for you. I was supposed to be at a district leader orientation this morning, but I missed it. The zone leader in charge of it said I had a good excuse though. We were late because when we woke up our house was flooded. A pipe under our sink was broken. But it’s really cool to see the hand of the Lord in how our pipe broke. The three elders I was living with all got transferred, so all their gear was packed and nothing got ruined or too wet. If it had broken yesterday lots would be wet, and tomorrow I think a lot would be wet, too. But God loves us. And we were able to dry everything and clean out the house. And I got a packet of papers telling me what I need to know about being a district leader. I’m excited.

And if any of my brothers have good advice about being a district leader, I would love to hear it. That way I can give Steven really good advice in three years, if the world hasn’t ended yet. . . according to the Mayan calendar. . .

So the other really cool thing that happened this week was we found a golden investigator. It was a street contact too. She gave us her real address too. And we found her and the next day she let us in and listened too. She also said the closing prayer and prayed for my companion and me by name. We’re going back Wednesday. Pray for her please. Her name is Raquel.

Elder Whitaker

No comments: