Monday, April 12, 2010

12 April 2010

So, I’m glad everyone is doing well. Congrats, Brad, on getting married. Good luck with that. It’s just a shame that everyone is getting married and not graduating from high school while I’m here. I hope you get that one.

So, what happened this week? I read in the beginning of Alma this week and was thinking about Amulek and the guy who offered him 6 onties or whatever to deny Christ. I was just thinking about how that was 42 days of pay for a governmental judge. That’s a lot of money. If a judge these days makes like 150,000 dollars in a year, that’s like offering 17,000 dollars like nothing. It just made me think. It’s interesting.

It’s interesting to read letters as a missionary, because often people write things they’ve written before, but don’t realize it. I might do the same thing, who knows? But it was cool that Steven gave the family a huge compliment today about how good our family is. It’s true. And David reminded me the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. Good advice. And more than once Dad has shared how much he loves the story of Abraham. And Megan apologizes for not writing much. JK, love ya, but it’s cool to see this side of the family as a missionary.

Thanks for all of the support. I love being a missionary. It’s really hard sometimes but it’s what the Lord has commanded, and it’s all worth it.

I think I’m about out of stuff to write. The church is true. The Book of Mormon is true. The plan of salvation is true.

Oh yeah, I just remembered a miracle of the week. I’ll share it right quick. This Saturday I fasted that we could find a family to teach. I wanted to find a family or realize which family we had would progress in the gospel. Saturday night we visited a family that we’d been trying to visit but were never home. We were about to give up on them because we thought they were avoiding us. Saturday they were home and we had a great discussion and my fast was answered. God works miracles when we fast.

But I love you. Enjoy my email like always. Don’t be mad for my comments Megan and Dad and Steven and yeah.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: