Tuesday, April 20, 2010

20 April 2010

Wow, this week was really awesome. We had 2 baptisms in our branch – 2 teenage girls. The other Rocha branch had a family of 4, and the other little town’s branch, La Paloma, had one. We did them all together – 7 baptisms and 6 baptizers. The picture is really cool with 13 of us in white. The service went great. I got to baptize our branch’s 2 girls and I baptized first so I was changing while the others got baptized. It was way cool.

We also had a miracle of an investigator going to church when we didn’t expect him to go. He got to see 2 confirmations. Daniel. I love this guy. We’re visiting him tomorrow.

The other huge news is that my new companion, Elder Gomez from Mexico, arrived today. I’m training!!!! I’m so excited. I’m not district leader any more, but I’m stoked to work with a new missionary. He’s from Mexico City, the first missionary from his family. He was baptized with his whole family in 2002. I’m excited. Can you tell?

Oh Steven, did you know in Uruguay I can buy a 3 kilo bag of cornflakes for like 8 dollars. It’s glorious. I think of Steven when I enjoy my frosted flakes in the morning.

So, I was studying Alma 42:26 and I had a thought. The plan of salvation saves the righteous and destroys the wicked. Another name for it could be the plan of destruction. Just a random thought I had studying.

And another think I like about studying is I’m studying in a new Book of Mormon and I have ideas that I want to mark in the scriptures I use, but it’s weird that some of the stuff I want to mark is already marked. So sometimes as I read I have the same thoughts I had the last time I read. Just something I noticed. I don’t know if others have noticed the same thing.

But I love you all. Have fun getting married and watching tv.

The church is true and the “r” in this keyboard is broken. Sorry. [So you can be glad I re-typed everything.]

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: