Tuesday, August 24, 2010

24 August 2010

Thanks for the letters. It was good to hear from everyone. First I wanted to answer David’s questions. Am I allowed to look at blogs? I really don’t know, but it would be easier for me to just attach a photo or two to an email. And Dave asked about how we get food. The members provide for us usually every day besides P-day. We eat lunch with them. Breakfast I make for myself. I’ve been living on hot cocoa during the winter, and I’ll probably go back to corn flakes when it stops being cold, and that might be really soon. Sometimes we eat dinner or a snack when we get home, but not always. It’s a really interesting change from America. If I eat a double portion at lunch, which is what the members give us, I’m usually not even hungry until the next morning. But it was an interesting journey getting used to not eating dinner.

I had a question for the family. Where are you reading in the Bible? Have you finished it? Or are you in Isaiah or something? At the moment I’m reading Jesus the Christ for the second time. Good stuff. I’m also transferring marks from my old Bible to my new one.

Another random question: In America has the Lays chips company made these “French fries in a bag” chips things? Because they sell these things in every little shop and my companion always buys them. Just wondering.

Here’s another question for my missionary relatives. I’ve been wondering what habits you acquired on the mission that you are still doing today. Are there habits you lost and had to get back? And are there habits you lost and want back? It’s just something I’ve been wondering.

So, Elder Arnold of the Seventy visited our mission this week. It was awesome. I don’t think I have time to say how awesome it was, but the Lord is changing missionary work. We have new things we’re focusing on and I think there’s a new book to supplement Preach My Gospel. And there are new DVD’s to teach us. I don’t think I have time to explain that either.

So transfers came. I’m staying in Florida, but I have a new comp – Elder Nunez from Paraquay. And my new zone leader was my second companion. I’m so excited.

We had quite a few miracles at church this week, like 6 investigators came. 3 that came felt the Spirit, and don’t have to get married or divorced, so we should be having baptisms soon.

I love you all. Thanks for the prayers and support.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: