Monday, August 9, 2010

9 August 2010

And wow, Brad, you even had a pony and cart. Here in Uruguay horses and carts are a big thing. I imagine it could be the same in Resistencia. I hope one day to ride a cart like that. And thanks for the tie, Brad. I’m wearing it right now.

And as I pondered more about the family reunion proposition the more I think a yearly activity would be nice. I realize that I don’t know my cousins that well and a yearly shin dig would help that.

Brad question: What was your trainer’s name? I don’t remember if I told you but a guy here served in your mission, last name of Blanco. I think he was the assistant at one point. He’s been home for 2 years now. This guy didn’t recognize you, but I think he would know your other companions.

So we had our interviews with President this week. Those went well. I love President da Silva.

We had district meeting this morning. It went well. I shared a lesson about persevering to the end. We memorized Ether 12:6 as a district and then I shared a wrestling story. One time I went into double overtime and won 1 to 0. The next week I wrestled the same kid and beat him 13 to 1. I said that if we persevere, we’ll destroy Satan the second time 13 to 1. It was cool when I said it because I was talking through the Holy Ghost. It’s always cool when that happens. I wish it would happen more.

What else happened? What a boring week. I practiced the piano before district meeting again, and I played a duet with another elder. That was cool.

I’m reading Jesus the Christ again and learning a lot. I got my [Spanish] Bible, Mom, so you don’t have to worry about sending me one.

And I have nothing else to say. Sorry if this email was boring.

The church is true. Jesus Christ is our older brother. We have a living prophet today, and here’s a quick clip from a hymn that has become a part of my testimony:

Yo se que vive me senor.
Consuelo es poder saber.
Que vive aunque mureto fue.
Y siempre su amore tender.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. I love you all.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: