Monday, October 11, 2010

11 October 2010

Wow. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Here are the questions. Is my companion Elder Vargas almost done with his mission? Yes. This is his last transfer. Where is my companion from? He’s from Honduras. How many times have I gone to the temple? 2 in the MTC and twice in the field, and twice in America I think. We got good news this week that we’re going this November during our zone conferences. Yeah, I’m excited.

This week was a tough one. It’s hard being a zone leader. We did something we never did before this week. We got in a city bus and shared the gospel. It took a lot of guts to do it, but it wasn’t that hard. We prepared a ton of pamphlets with the mission phone number and did what we do best. We liked it so much, and had leftover pamphlets, that we did it two more times. We had 80 contacts before 8 AM.

I want to share what we did in district meeting to help the zone focus on our baptism goals and feel the spirit. It was weird. One day I thought, “Why don’t we have a meeting in all white clothes, baptism clothes?” It was a weird idea, but I shared it with my companion. We prayed about it and felt good. Today we had our first district meeting of the transfer. All 12 missionaries were in white. We all introduced ourselves and bore our testimonies. It was so cool. When we were in white we announced that we were going to be able to go to the temple this transfer. It was really cool. I’ll never forget it.

I’m out of time. Enjoy the letter and photos. I’m sending pictures of me and my old companion from last transfer. One was our last baptism and the other is a big “animo” booster I left in my old house. It’s even better now, but I don’t have the picture.

I love you all,
Elder Whitaker

No comments: