Monday, October 25, 2010

25 October 2010

Last week I got a few questions. Michelle asked me if I ever go to Mutual to talk about missionary work and asked how Mutual is in South America. I never got invited to speak about anything. We are always invited to play soccer, but it’s kind of against the rules and a VERY ineffective use of the time we have here. From what I see, Mutual is a quick spiritual lesson and the boys play soccer and the girls do arts and crafts.

Cody asked me if I have played the piano. One time I did, for an activity. I can play Nearer My God to Thee, from the regular green hymn book. I was scared and nervous and it wasn’t done that well, but it’s a step up, right?

David sent me a good scripture about being men from 2 Nephi 1:21. The day before my comp pointed that scripture out. I had that marked. We also found a Mormon Message by Elder Christofferson about being men. And ironically, all this helped us resolve a problem in a companionship this week. It was cool.

Dad asked if my companion is a zone leader too. Yes, he is. He’s training me.

I found an interesting scripture this week: 4 Nephi 1:27. It talks about the state of apostasy of the Nephites 200 years after Christ’s visit. As I pondered it I learned something. This pride cycle was different because they couldn’t repent and get out of it. Why? Maybe because this was after Christ’s visit. I always imagined that Christ revealed temple ordinances to the Nephites, the same ones we have today. They apostatized from that knowledge, greater condemnation. They were administering those ordinances to unworthy people. That’s bad. Megan told me a bit about the temple, so this thought fit in well. I love the temple.

So, every house in the mission got an oven this week. Mom, could you send me a recipe so this oven has a use for me? Maybe brownies or cinnamon rolls. That would be cool. Just make sure the ingredients exist in Uruguay, thanks.

I have no time. I love you all. Lots.

Elder Whitaker

No comments: