Monday, April 18, 2011

18 April 2011

This week went really well. We found some cool new investigators on Saturday night. Unfortunately, it rained Sunday morning. We got our legs wet walking to church. It was really windy too. Interestingly enough, once we walked into the gate of the church all the wind stopped blowing. Interesting. But we did have one investigator at church this weekend and it was Maria Elena whose pareja died when we got here. She’s getting baptized next Saturday. We’re excited for that.

Because of the rain, an already small branch became smaller. There were 18 of us at church. I got to say the opening prayer in sacrament meeting and bless the sacramental bread. That was a wonderful experience.

So I’m still studying hearts in the Book of Mormon. I’m categorizing the huge list I have into feelings of the heart, actions of the heart, and states of the heart. I also counted the specific phrases that show up the most – hardened hearts, hard hearts, pride for your hearts – it’s interesting.

So yesterday I woke up early at like 6:23. I still had 7 minutes so I fell asleep again. In those 7 minutes I had a dream. I dreamed I was teaching a man about tithing, and right when I woke up I was about to teach him the eternal principle of budgeting. I never tried teaching someone how to budget. It was interesting – the dreams one dreams as a missionary . . .

Oh, and something that I was wondering last week. I’ve gotten a few “run through the finish” emails recently, but if I remember correctly I started sending Brad “run through the finish” emails when he had six months left. I was kind of getting ahead of myself, Brad, sorry. But I was wondering if you have any of my old letters hanging around. It would be interesting to get a letter from myself from 2 or 4 or 6 years ago, maybe not 6 years, I don’t remember writing to Weston, sorry.

I think that’s it for now. Thanks for all the support. Thanks for the prayers. I love you all.

Elder Whitaker

No comments: