Monday, April 25, 2011

25 April 2011

I’m sending some cool photos – one of our Easter celebration, 2 of our baptism, and one of my companion and I doing our post-baptism celebration jump,but a better caption would be “putting on our game faces.” There’s proof that there’s still room to mature more.

So we’re teaching a Jehovah’s Witness who is a life long friend of our branch mission leader. I’ve wanted to baptize a Jehovah’s Witness all of my mission. We’ll see what happens with Ana Laura.

Easter was a really good day and I was able to have significantly spiritual experiences. While I was showering the song “Tell me the Stories of Jesus” came to my mind and got me thinking about a talk Elder Andersen gave Easter morning in last year’s general conference. I read it while I ate breakfast. That led me to a wonderful confirmation of Christ’s resurrection.

During sacrament meeting Maria Elena was confirmed. I felt the Spirit really strongly when she was instructed to receive the Holy Ghost. That was cool. And Elder Peña and I got to pass the sacrament.

I’ve been working on repenting daily and that helped me have a better experience as I renewed my covenants.

As I was studying my patriarchal blessing the word “special” called my attention. There are four specific special things in my blessing. They were interesting to note.

But thanks everyone. I love you all lots. I hope you all enjoyed Easter.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: