Friday, February 15, 2013

10 feet

So one of the things that bring me great joy in life is setting lofty goals and working for months to accomplish them, and the goals I'm talking about have to do with exercising.  

Examples of these goals are:
Benching 300 pounds
Doing an Iron Cross on gymnastics rings
Running a half marathon (okay that one's not nearly as impressive)

But my newest goal is this: I want to be able to jump and grab and hang on a regulation height basketball rim.

So here's what I'm going to accomplish that goal:
Plyometric workouts which are jumping workouts which build up your fast twich muscle fibers which are responsible for explosive motions in your body.  I'm doing that about twice a week.
I'm doing leg workouts in the gym about once a week in order to increase my strength.
I'm stretching my legs as often as occasion permits.
And now that I dropped $40 of my birthday monies to buy shoes I'm going to start playing basketball a lot more because actually playing a sport works your muscles in ways that a regular workout cannot.


And the day I accomplish this goal I'm sure there'll be a movie to post for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Did you know today's the anniversary of your benching 300 pounds?

http://thebetternewsletter.blogspot.com/2009/02/300.html