Thursday, November 6, 2008

Studying is of the Devil...

When ever I read other people's blogs I always find spiritual stuff, but i never feel like reading them for some reason. Maybe I'm just looking for funny stories. Anyheck, I feel bad about not reading the church ones, so I'm going to write my own church one. You don't have to read it if you don't want to, I probably wouldn't...

But this is my beliefs on how studying, prayers, and faith all go together. First of all, this type of studying refers to school studying. Defined as trying to memorize a lot in as short of a time as possible. And this "short of time as possible" is always too long. A very boring, depressing, and gloomy activity. I would even go as far to suggest it brings pain and even misery. When I think about studying in this way there is no argument against he obvious fact that studying is of the devil.

So, in my efforts to be righteous, I study as little as possible. My rule of thumb is read your notes maybe twice, a third time is borderline sin, and fourth, see your bishop.

And because I study as little as possible, aka sin as little as possible I can feel totally confident in praying for help when I have a test. Everyone knows that the holy ghost can bring things to your rememberance. The holy ghost is probably the best person at doing what he does, no boubt actually. I don't think he goes in your mind and finds the 8th time you read something and brings that memory to you, you only need one memory of something. It should be the first and only. It makes the Holy ghost's job easier actually. Less clutter.

Faith without works is dead. We know that. But I would submit that our loving Father does not want to put us through the pain/sin of studying. I believe that if you put in a bit, and pray for help, and believe it will come school will be a whole lot more enjoyable. This is what I do and I seriously believe it works.

Thanks if you actually read to this part, I hope it was interesting. Now you can be a righteous student too!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Now you tell me! Where was this wisdom 30 years ago!

Becky said...

It's probably better to leave a comment on some post at the other person's blog - they may not check back on yours. Or, you could comment both places. That way someone who reads your post later will also know the answer.

And for the record, I'm not sure I agree with your studying philosophy!!!

jeffhead said...

Okay. First off, i wasn't born 30 years ago. and second, you have to try it to believe it. "experiment on the word" and such...