Thursday, July 16, 2009

13 July 2009

Thanks for all the emails. I didn’t think I was going to be getting any because of the vacation, but thanks.

Mom, I was reading the scriptures last week and found one that I would like to be on my plaque. Alma 29:9, where it says this is my glory. I really like it and I found it last week right after you asked what the scripture was.

I like Brad’s advice on washing clothes. I’ll try that. And I liked how he doesn’t think he changed much, because in one month I see plenty of changes I never saw coming. I’ll explain. Every morning I eat a huge bowl of oatmeal. I hate oatmeal!!!! But I load it with sugar and a banana and dulce de leche and it tastes good. In one month I’ve doubled my life-long oatmeal consumption.

The other change is my hair is super long. I can part it Dad!!!! I look like an idiot. The problem with cutting it is we don’t really have mirrors to use. I brought my own little mirror and doubled the apartments mirrorocity. The van has more mirrors than we do. But I’m going to try cutting it later today because we have zone conference tomorrow. I’ll try to take a picture of the part before I chop it all off.

Oh yeah, I don’t have a picture of my family. It doesn’t bother me at all; that’s why I didn’t bring one. But to all the people here it’s an abomination and they can’t believe it. So, if you send one, the people here will be happy.

So we walk everywhere we go, but this week some members lent us bikes for 3 days. And I was like yay, I hate walking. But now I hate biking. My legs get tired and my rear hurts. But I guess after a week of walking again I’ll hate walking. But it’s okay. Everything is all good.

Send hellos to all the people at home, tell Steven he’s a booger, I like Michelle, and I love everyone in the family. Whatever.

We’re teaching a lot of people and we have the spirit with us. It’s truly amazing to be on the Lord’s errand.

Until next time, keep doing what you do, and I will too.

Elder J Whitaker

No comments: