Thursday, July 16, 2009

6 July 2009

Hey everybody.

Thanks for the letters. This is the second Monday in a row that it’s rained. No wonder Pday is Monday.

So this past week a lot happened. We were teaching Paola and Elder Calarco gave me the signal to ask her to be baptized. That was scary. She doesn’t think she’s ready. We’ll see what happens with her. We also have 2 others with baptismal dates – Cristina, whose younger brother got baptized recently and Pablo, who’s getting married soon so he can be baptized. We also got introduced to Carlos out of the blue after church this week. We’ll see what happens.

This Thursday we traveled to Montevideo for a mission conference to meet President da Silva. Honestly, I was way tired and didn’t learn as much as I should have. We had to wake up at 3 to get from Durazno to Montevideo, but it’s okay because I’m sure I’ll be seeing him a lot more while I’m here.

So my listening skills are getting better. I still have a lot to learn though. I’m getting used to listening to certain people and that helps more than I ever thought it would. My feet hurt less than they did. Everyone said the first week was the worst. I believe them.

So I learned this week I’m officially a spoiled rich North American because I had never in my life washed clothes by hand. But I washed some clothes by hand and hung them out to dry. It’ll take some practice before I get any good at it.

Well, it sounds like your vacation is going well. It sounded like fun going to the temple with everyone like that. I think we’ll get to go to the temple again some time this transfer. I love the temple.

I hope this isn’t too long, but thanks for the prayers. I’m here to serve the Lord and it’s worth it.

Jeff

No comments: