Monday, July 27, 2009

27 July 2009

Hey everybody. Thanks for the emails. It's nice to have several people writing me.

To answer mom's questions about the health and flus, I'm feeling healthier than I've ever felt in my life. Apparently the water here is okay to drink, because I've been drinking out of the tap water since I got here. I'm trying to eat fruit every morning. All is well. Speaking of food and all, I found the 14th article of faith today in my studies. I found it in Jesus the Christ. I quote, "We believe in enjoying good food." I think I can say I've lived that one all my life. Thanks Mom.

This past saturday was a big day. I got to baptize Cristina. I was very nervous. And the water was COLD. I almost died, and it was worse for Cristina because the font wasn't very full and I had to do it 3 times. Oh well.

We also gave some blessings of healing and helped give the sacrament to a family with sick people. The spirit was very strong watching a newly baptized dad and son give the sacrament to their mom and sister. It reminded me of the times in my life when we did the same thing while camping or during hurricanes.

I had my first interview with President da Silva last week. He was visiting every apartment with his wife. I hope we would pass one of Brad's checks; we cleaned for 3 hours. But I love President da Silva. He's the type of person who always whispers. He told me to thank Mom for raising me the way she did. Thanks.

Before I left a lot of people gave me advice. I don't remember what everyone's advice was. But I remember Sister Tolman's advice. Whenever it's cold and windy I always think of the song "Master the Tempest is Raging." Could you tell here I've done that and I'll continue doing so. It gets pretty cold over here. I even had my first rainy day, and the good news is my rain coat is impeccable' it works great.

So, I'm running out of money from the church account, so there might be activity on my personal debit card this week, just a heads up. Thanks.

Michelle, stay beautiful. Steven....yeah. Wegan, write when you find time, Kyle, love your freaking guts. Davage, stay beautiful, Brad, you owe me pizza, and Steven, keep working out.

Yeah, I´m enjoying myself. The Spanish is coming along. I´m learing a lot. I learned how to appostraphicate words.

Oh yeah, we get to go to the temple on the 4th as a zone. I'm excited about that. Sorry for the long letters. I hope it´s entertaining and not a chore to read them.

jephi

No comments: