Monday, August 24, 2009

12 August 2009

Hey everybody, thanks for the emails. And just so you all know, I haven't figured out how to receive or send pictures. Maybe one day I'll figure it out and be able to see them. I have some good photos on my camera, maybe one day you'll be able to see them.

I'm glad the missionaries are exciting the ward about the work. I'm speaking in sacrament meeting next week about missionary work. I'm excited for this.
The temple last week was awesome. I loved it. I thought they would give me headphones but they never came, oh well. We went to the distribution center. I bought their last little hymn book for Laura; she'll be baptized this transfer. We also bought a picture New Testament for Jose's family. I baptized Jose; his dad needs to get divorced and married still. We'll have another baptism this week. Romina is 8 and her grandma is a member; her mom has some things she needs to work on still.

Transfers are today, but Elder Calarco and I are staying. I'm happy for this. At zone conference President da Silva said the new mission goal is a baptism every week. That's what were working for. I really don't know how many lessons we teach a week. Yesterday we had like 8, including converts, less actives, and new members.

It's interesting to me the little things that the Lord blesses us with, the things that don't really matter. For example Elder Calarco got a new suit because his old one was getting too small. I offered to buy it from him and it fits very well. Impeccable. I always wanted a pin striped suit and now I have one. Another thing is we now have bikes. They were donated to us by the Bonefon family. There are so many little things that always fortify my testimony on the mission.

Oh, yeah. Michelle I'm happy for your purple shirt. I bought 1 purple tie this week. It made me think of Aunt Holly. I love my purple ties.
So my group from the MTC arrived today. Wow. I'm so glad I took Spanish all those years.

Well, thanks for everything. Thanks for the prayers. Thanks for the gospel.

Elder Whitaker

No comments: