Monday, August 24, 2009

17 August 2009

Thanks for all the emails. This reply will have more errors than usual because the “y” key doesn't work well, so I'm boycotting it. [But Mom is fixing all the errors.]

This week went well. I'm still in Sarandi del Yi with Elder Calarco. We had a baptism on Saturday. Romina is 8. Her grandma is a member, but her mom isn't. We're working with her mom a bit.

So I gave my talk yesterday. It went well. I was a bit nervous because the topic was members and missionary work, but it went well. I found a quote from President Hinckley that when you save one little girl you save generations. I then told then about all the missionaries we've had in our family as a result of our first ancestors that joined the church. I counted 13 missionaries, but I know I was missing some. You can never know the effects of missionary work. We are all members as a result of some missionary we've never met. That's something to think about.

Well, sorry, I don't really have anything entertaining, or a good story to tell this week. I'll try to do better next week.

Oh, and Dave, congratulations. I'll be looking for that gold trim next time. That sounds awesome.

Oh, yeah. When people ask how I'm doing you have permission to say I'm doing well. I remember people would always ask about Brad and my thought would be, “How should I know? I haven't seen him in 2 Years.”

But okay, we gotta run. We're in Montevideo for a dentist visit and our bus leaves soon.

Thanks for everything. The church is true. I love the people and I love that everyone loves the missionaries.

Me

No comments: