Tuesday, March 23, 2010

22 March 2010

This week was way good. One reason why this week was so awesome is because I learned a ton in my scripture studies. I started not ending my prayers to start studying so that the entire hour is a long prayer. And I realized that the Lord has been able to teach me a lot more through the Holy Ghost. Two things happened last week I'll tell you about. That quote Steven sent me went along with a lession I was planning. I wanted to share it in Spanish. It just so happened that during my studies I got a copy of the Ensign with that talk in Spanish. The chances are zero that the 1982 April conference issue would be in my house in Spanish the very morning I wanted it. It would be impossible for that to happen, but it did.

Also I was studying Ether this week. The brother of Jared put a light bulb stone on each end of the boat. With only one light there would still be darkness, but with 2 there would be always light, especially if the boat was shaped like an elipsis and the lights were in the foci. (That was for Steven. I think that's right, assuming the sides are mirrors.....tell me that insight didn't come from the Holy Ghost.) So, the 2 lights are the Bible and the Book of Mormon. With the two, every point is lighted.

In this Ensign I found a really cool talk I would recommend - by John H. Groberg on the power of family prayer. It was really cool and makes me so grateful that our family did that well. It's a shame that a lot of families don't have that habit. It's weird that when the missionaries come over it's easy to do it, but without us it doesn't happen, at least over here.

I have a random question for my brothers. Were there any cool FHE games you guys used during your missions that kept attention really well and made people think? I would love to hear about any suggestions to have another weapon in my arsenal.

So today I didn't write in the morning because we had a zone activity. We went to a national park with a huge fort and a beach. Other guys went fishing, but I didn't. I don't have the patience. We played soccer too. There's camping here, too, Dad. I hope you weren't mad at my remarks from last week. It might have been a bit disrespectful, but you would like this place Dad. La Fortaleza de Santa Teresa is what its called.

What else has happened? hhmmm. We're working hard. We have a baptism this week and zone conference so it's going to go by way fast. We will be traveling to Trenta y Tres for zone conference. I think Grandpa was there too.

I'm glad you looked up Rocha on google earth. If I knew the streets well you could find my house, or apartment; we live on the 4th floor. It's nice.

But I love you all. Thanks for all the support. Thanks for your examples to me.

Love, Elder Whitaker

No comments: